Friday 20 September 2013

J.J. Talks Episode VII


Speaking with EW, director J.J. Abrams has been discussing his vision for Star Wars: Episode VII.

Says the director: "It’s been nice seeing how important [Star Wars] is and to be reminded how important it is to so many people.



 "We all know that [Lucas'] dream has become almost a religion to some people. I remember reading a thing somewhere, someone wrote about just wanting [Episode VII] to feel real; to feel authentic. I remember I felt that way when I was 11 years old when I saw the first one. As much of a fairy tale as it was, it felt real. And to me, that is exactly right."

When asked what the tone of the next film would be, Abrams evasively mentioned that "it’s going to be an evolving thing."

"I would say we are working really hard to make a movie that feels as emotional and authentic and exciting as possible," he adds. "Whatever your favorite Star Wars movie is and how to compare it is really sort of subjective.”

Well, that clears it all up, doesn't it...

From a script by Michael Arndt, Star Wars Episode VII is out in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment