Friday 18 October 2013

Tom Hanks Wants To Play At Superheroes


Tom Hanks has told Showbiz 411 that he would love to appear in a superhero film, with the role of a Batman villain being of particular interest.

Sadly for Hanks, though, neither Marvel nor DC have ever approached him.

"They don't ask me, man. I keep trying. Come on, I can do it, I can do it. Even let me play a bad guy, let me play the bad guy against Batman. I'll do anything, call me. They've never asked."
 
He went on to quip: "What do I gotta do? God, I want to throw a shield at somebody. I want that. And I don't want to play the guy in the suit who tells the superheroes what's going on. I don't want to be that guy. 'Well, you know Batman, Captain America, Iron Man, here's what we've discovered' - I don't want to be that guy.

"I want to get in there, I want to play The Flash or something like that. They'll never give me a chance."

Hanks is not the first actor to issue a "come and get me" to the producers of the latest DC movies - Justin Timberlake has also expressed interest in recent months, saying he would love to play The Riddler, for example - but he is probably the most exciting and high-profile.

It's all speculation and wish-sharing, but I reckon Hanks would make a top villain. I could seriously see him making a great Hugo Strange.

Come on, DC, let Tom come out to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment