Friday 15 November 2013

Terrence Howard Is Still Being Civil About Iron Man Snub


Terrence Howard has never been one to keep quiet about being replaced by Don Cheadle in the Iron Man franchise.

But you'd have thought that time would have healed those old wounds. Not so.

The famously bat-shit actor is still bitter, and has been sounding off yet again, this time turning his ire on former co-star and all-round legend Robert Downey Jr.

...And you can see how many shits RDJ gives about that...

Speaking at a Bravo event, the actor said:

"It turns out that the person that I helped become Iron Man, when it was time to re-up for the second one, took the money that was supposed to go to me and pushed me out. They came to me with the second and said 'look, we will pay you one-eighth of what we contractually had for you, because we think the second one will be successful with or without you.' And I called my friend, that I helped get the first job, and he didn't call me back for three months."


It should be pointed out that, for some reason, Howard was the highest paid actor in the first movie by some margin, so a reassessment of that for the second - especially when Disney realised just what a huge draw that RDJ was proving to be - should have been expected. And, to be fair, I don't think you'll find anyone (other than Mr. Howard) who refused to go see any further Iron Man films because he was no longer in them.

But, to be honest, if I'd been effectively booted out of the War Machine role before even getting a chance to suit up, I'd take it badly too...

"...Next time..."
"Yeah, about that, Terry..."

No comments:

Post a Comment