Wednesday 13 November 2013

Morrissey: I Plan On Sticking Around


David Morrissey has confirmed his commitment to The Walking Dead.

The actor, who made his dramatic return as The Governor in this week's episode, has recently completed a pilot for AMC, but insists to Entertainment Weekly that this has no bearing on his future with the show.

"I had a little hiatus on The Walking Dead and we filmed that pilot," Morrissey explained. "So I'm waiting to see.

"But I like The Walking Dead. I am part of The Walking Dead. I really hope to make it to season five of The Walking Dead."

The 49-year-old added that the direction his career takes next is "an AMC decision, not mine.

"But I really consider myself to be a Walking Dead actor, and I consider myself to be the Governor and that's where I am... at the moment," he concluded.

If David wants to carry on into the fifth season, he may face a bit of a struggle - post-prison trio Abraham, Eugene and Rosita are confirmed to be appearing later on in this season. Mind you, the TV show has a history of keeping characters around beyond the point of their death in the comics (and vice versa), so who knows?


The Walking Dead's fourth season continues on Sundays on AMC in the States, and on Fridays on FOX in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment