Wednesday 9 October 2013

Billie On 50th And Capaldi


Billie Piper has been talking to Flicks And The City about The Day Of The Doctor, and the decision to cast Peter Capaldi as the next Doctor.

Billie, about to launch into a twelfth encore of "Because We Want To"

Of The Day Of The Doctor she had this to say: "I'm just looking forward to the fans being able to finally see it, because there is relentless questioning about what is going to happen and I can't say anything.

"It will be nice to be rid of the burden of that enormous secret. It's like a gift to the fans really so all in all I think it's pretty exciting. I never feel that anxious about returning because I'm friends with a lot of people and I've built some really good relationships. I always know it's going to be beautifully written.

Her attention then turned to the new Doctor. "I think it's brilliant [casting]. I've always really loved him and admired him. I think he's a brilliant actor, I think he's both absolutely terrifying and credible with comedy.

"I really like the fact that he's a bit older and I think it will open a whole new set of fans. I think it makes absolute sense. It's a really wise choice."
 Capaldi, about to launch into a twelfth encore of "Because We Want To"

The Day Of The Doctor also stars Matt Smith, David Tennant, Jenna Coleman and John Hurt, and airs worldwide on the 23rd of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment