Friday 1 November 2013

Romero Wants "No Part" Of The Walking Dead

 

Zombie overlord George A. Romero has shared some harsh words with The Big Issue about AMC's The Walking Dead.

Speaking to the publication about the possibility of his directing an episode, the horror legend said: "They asked me to do a couple of episodes of The Walking Dead but I didn't want to be a part of it.

"Basically it's just a soap opera with a zombie occasionally. I always used the zombie as a character for satire or a political criticism and I find that missing in what's happening now."


 In 2011, Romero had again commented on the possibility of becoming involved with the series, and at the time he was more open-minded, mainly due to his love of the comic series. Speaking then, the director said: "I love the books, [but] I never watched any of the episodes because… my zombies are sort of my own.

"I've been waiting to see the whole first season, which I missed because I've been travelling. I've been waiting to look at it, but I haven't seen any of it."

Obviously he didn't like what he saw.

The Walking Dead's fourth season continues on AMC in the US, and on FOX in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment